The Voting process

After scrolling through this platform, Facebook, and slack, it’s pretty obvious that those who have not had the chance to vote are discouraged over the process. I don’t think we should proceed with this voting in its current state or we risk losing the support of long term advocates. We are here to unite, not lose the trust of th community.
We need to restart this process another day in a n organized fashion, preferably over email. Let’s create a ground swell for a restart?

17 Likes

I don’t know if a restart is needed, if they can fix the technical issues and just extend it. If there isn’t an immediate fix, a re-do may be necessary.

4 Likes

Maybe we should vote by mail! ROFL

4 Likes

Yeah restart may be too much, but I do think an extension is necessary and should be addressed soon. I think we also lost hope from those that don’t use smartphones, not that it’s a huge number I assume but we are in no position to lose support.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking more about the broken app. I received link on schedule, but copy/paste to Chrome returns an error saying the ballot is already claimed. Support responded saying it was a known error and would be resolved by 3EDT, but it’s still broken.

I wonder what the ratio of ballots to votes will end up being. Is total current “support” disclosed anywhere?

3 Likes

I have a smartphone so I thought I was good to go since that was the only requirement mentioned before today, but after trying to vote multiple times I discovered I had to have Safari 13 or newer-I have 12.4 so Im out. Just wish Id known sooner. I am very disappointed

2 Likes

Yeah I think not being told requirements ahead of time has been a trouble for the voting process. I hope there is more transparency and also flexibility in the future. I fear Unity has a lack of adaptability to technical issues.

4 Likes

Very frustrated too @jdavalos I am usually fairly capable on tech and this has been a bit too complex to really enroll people easily. I received a RECEIVED_BALLOT error and can’t seem to get an explanation. I was excited to vote today!

2 Likes

Its working now. Try link again everyone!

Use android
Voting worked fine for me
First time doing ranked choice voting, loved it

1 Like

Yeah, same thing with me. I tried to use my friend’s Android as an alternative, but it still didn’t work and got a new error that I haven’t seen yet. I was able to finally get to the ballot on my phone, but still couldn’t see the “nine tickets.” so close! ugh.

I am heartbroken. After fighting the phone ap half a day I was thrilled to just get an email about extended voting time and a way to vote email. BUT there were no instructions on how to vote and I guessed wrong on how to do that-it wasnt obvious to me. So my vote was recorded for people I would not have voted for. I just feel sick. I would have rather not have voted.

1 Like

Where is the link? What app?
Never mind! I voted! Whoot!

This got built in a few weeks by volunteers. Remember how long it took the government we’re trying to improve to build the healthcare exchange website? Hang in there people!

5 Likes

What would actually happen if nobody casts a single vote? Will the money candidate still win, or is it all scripted? Mark Twain once said, “If voting really made a difference, then they would never let us do it.” Honestly, no matter where you live, nobody can truly help you except you. Have you tried calling your elected officials lately? They ignore the public and have permanent rule, so until you recognize that Democracy isn’t real, you will have expended all the energy that you could used to find yourself and wasted it on fear. Even in China there are millionaires and billionaires. The difference is that the top billionaires are harvested for the top Party members, and in this country, the middle class is harvested, except that fifty million people can’t be killed off without provoking suspicion. It is therefore best to stay in the middle place: Not too low, and not too high overhead. That is the Confucian Doctrine of the Mean.

Are new members allowed to vote? (I only joined today)
and if yes, how?

1 Like

Hello, I filed a help ticket as my receipt did NOT match my ballot. I wonder if our glitch was the same and who else this might have happened to. You should report this to help@unityvote.org so they remove the incorrect votes. I am so sorry this happened to us.

1 Like

Just got home from work and I’m having a hard time with it
I understand this had to get organized and executed in short order. I really do appreciate all of the effort put into getting this done.
I found it was easier to read the directions rather than the video.

Unfortunately not. The deadline to sign up to vote was last Sunday. I’m happy to hear you’re on board with the Unity movement though!

2 Likes